Should You Choose Gas or Electric?
You have many options when it comes to selecting a heating system for your Hendersonville, TN living space. One of these options is whether you want your furnace to be powered by gas, or electricity. There are advantages to both, just as there are drawbacks to both.
- Gas Furnaces: This option is typically ideal for homeowners who already have access to their community’s main gas line. Gas furnaces are extremely effective and natural gas is a fairly affordable fuel source. Additionally, natural gas is piped directly into your Hendersonville, TN home and the appliances that need it. If your home or business is located in an area where propane gas makes more sense and/or natural gas is unavailable or it is a costly option to get it to your location, we have propane–powered gas furnaces readily available today.
- Electric Furnaces: Electricity is also a very viable option. While the cost of electricity is often higher than that of gas, electric systems do not lose any heat generated via flue gases, making them very efficient. In addition, although all furnaces today are designed with your safety in mind, electric furnaces give homeowners a peace of mind in that they don’t need to worry about harmful gas leaks.
The Right Furnace for Your Home
Selecting whether you’d like a gas–powered furnace or an electric heating system is just the first step. It’s essential that your furnace is properly sized for your living space. The wrong heating capacity can result in a number of problems with the operation of your heater.
For example, a furnace that is too small won’t adequately heat your home, while a furnace that’s too large will go through a process called short–cycling—when it shuts on and off rapidly, causing major inefficiencies and greatly compromising its ability to make you comfortable.
To ensure that you truly choose the right furnace for your home, with the highest efficiency your budget can allow, only contact professionals with extensive experience and training with installing and servicing all type of furnace systems. You can count on Covenant Heating and Cooling to provide you with a heating system that will keep you comfortable for the years to come!
Call Us for Comprehensive Furnace Services
There is no problem too small for you to call one of our heating Technicians for help, before it gets any worse. Plus, maintenance services through our Covenant Care Plan can help you to avoid issues from happening in the first place. Call us to learn more about our services, and be aware of the signs—listed below—that something is amiss with your furnace.
- Your furnace is making odd and unfamiliar sounds.
- Your heating bills have spiked with no reasonable explanation.
- The temperature doesn’t seem right in your home.
- The thermostat is inaccurate or you have uneven heating in your home.
- The furnace won’t turn on, or it turns on sporadically.
- It’s been over a year since you’ve had your furnace professionally serviced.